Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Old tv console into new fish tank

Here is our wonderful fish tank!



I always knew I wanted a fish tank in our home.  I love the quiet hum from the filter and the soothing sights of the fish gently gliding back and forth.  I just didn't know how we were going to afford it?  

As luck would have it, we had been given an old working console television when we moved in.  We only had 2 small tv's between the two of us and gladly welcomed another working television.  As time went on, we had plenty of tv's and the console became banished to the basement.  Then I remembered seeing some amazing pictures of crazy fish tanks!  

With some hesitation, my husband and I began dismantling our old tv.  I would definitely recommend taking your time here!  The insides of these tv's can be VERY dangerous!  

Once it was torn apart, I have to admit, it sat around for quite some time before miraculously someone gave us the perfect size tank!  Back on track, we set the tank on some bricks and began to fill it.  The top became hinged to allow us some fishy maintenance.

Let me know what you think?? And please note, we are not professionals!


No comments:

Post a Comment